Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Semaine Federale, is being held in Bright, Australia, the week before the Alpine Classic.   Wes just forwarded me the information about this week long 'festival of cycling', which is based on the event of the same name held in France every year.  Cyclist can ride everyday, from a central location near Bright, January 16-22, choosing from three levels of rides. Seems a good way to get in shape for the Alpine Classic on January 23rd plus a very good way to sight see.  Events are organized by the cycling club, Audux Australia.

Yesterday we rode with Velo - a 43 mile ride out to Tile Flat and Holly Hill.  I expected good weather and rode my good bike without fenders.  A mistake.  It rained the whole time.

Today's weather was cool and dry.  The trees around Portland are gorgeous.  I did short a city ride and rode over to my friend Lois's house.  Took out my old steel bike with fenders to test it out.
Bright red foliage spotted across the street from Lois's house

No comments:

Post a Comment