Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bike accident

Craig got new aero bars Tuesday so that he can ride without worsening the numbness he is experiencing from ulnar neuropathy, or 'handbar neuropathy'.   He went out to Sauvie Island Wednesday night after work, caught an edge while going a pretty fast pace and took a 'spectacular' fall, as descibed by a woman who stopped to help.  He actually declined a ride back into town and rode his bike about 10 miles to his car.  I was on a hill ride with the MAC.  Craig called me when he was done,  told me he had fallen and couldn't get into his car.  I found him hobbling by the side of his car, looking fairly beat up.  I managed to get him in the car and when I saw him shaking, I decided to take him to the ER.  X-rays confirmed a non-displaced fracture of the distal right clavicle and thankfully, no breaks in the pelvis or hip.  He'll be in a sling for the next 6-8 weeks.  Anyone in need of some cheap aero bars?
Leaving the ER in paper scrubs



No comments:

Post a Comment