Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4th and 68 degrees!

Trail bypassing the first tunnel on Cornell

This week we've seen fall riding at it's best; fantastic weather with temps in the high 60's. This weekend the forecast calls for rain with snow levels dropping down to the 2500 foot level.  A bit hard to believe after riding with the MAC coaches yesterday in near 70 degree weather (they have started Wednesday noon rides!) and then today a nice ride downtown for lunch with Craig, home via Cornell to 53rd and up to Skyline via Thompson.  I planned on going home, but took a little detour when a group of guys, one of whom I know from the MAC rides, were headed out Skyline.  It was too nice a day to quit and I was able to join their pace line to Skyline Elementary. Their pace too brisk for me to keep on, I turned down Kaiser headed toward Old Germantown where my front tire was flatted by a big piece of glass.  The bad part is I forgot that my tools were with my rain bike at home.  Luckily another rider came along and loaned me his and I was on my way.  A good reminder to always make sure you have enough gear to change a tire before you go out.

A cute pumphouse spotted off 53rd

The view up 53rd

No comments:

Post a Comment