Friday, October 28, 2011

Blind Date; Cross is SO much fun!

We just finished racing in the Blind Date series.  OK, so we didn't win big, but we didn't get hurt either.  I can't believe we waited this long to ride cross.  It's a whole different world of mud and dirt on a bike.  I bought a really nice used cx bike listed on the OBRA chat site, a green Felt x15.  Craig opted for a new Scott, but I must say, my bike is a lot lighter than his with a carbon set post, fork and seat stays.

I rode a couple of Sunday's ago in a longer Cross Crusade at PIR.  The course is more technical than the Alpenrose course with more obstacles and jumps.  You can watch Oregon Field Guide's video of the Estacada course.  Very muddy!
PV members at PIR and Washington County Fairgrounds
My friend Barb and I laugh at how we place first in our age groups.  I'm the 'old granny' out there competing with some young women in their 20's.  Barb, at 47, she did amazingly well and came in #15 in the listed top 15 for Blind Date final points!  We're already planning on some clinics next fall.  I have to learn to remount my my bike, hopping on, without falling.  Barb and Craig have it (almost) down.

Finally, now it's back to Velo on Saturday's.  We had a glorious fall day last week for the signature ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment