Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Last organized ride of the season

The Harvest Century, a benefit ride for Community Vision is usually our last organized ride for the season.  We were really lucky this past Saturday as the weather cleared and we rode on dry roads for the first time in a week!  112 miles (got lost two times), 17.1 mph pace (thanks Art... I think?).
We picked up two other fast guys to help us pace, but Art pretty much pulled the whole day.
John, Sonja, me and Art


At least we have Velo rides to look forward to and also (maybe?) some cyclecross at Alpenrose Dairy.  I took Craig's old 55 Biachi Imola (too small for him and had it fit for me).  My new rain bike!  Look at the cool courtesy flap - leather.  Master mechanic Todd's suggestion at Southwest Bicycles in Multnomah Village.  Rode it yesterday.  Smooth.  Steel is real.  I have to tweak the bars/seat position a bit and I think it'll be perfect for this winter.  Maybe a change out on the bar tape to Bianchi Celeste, although I just had it wrapped in black for winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment