Friday, November 11, 2011

Peddlars at the Poor Farm

I am obsessed with cyclocross.  Last Saturday I raced out at Edgefield Manor, which is now a McMenamins brew pub.  I like the Saturday cross races.  There are less people than at the crusade series on Sundays.  This Saturday we had two races to choose from; Pedalers at the Poor Farm or the GPMC race down in Salem.  I choose the first, mainly because it was close, but also most of the 'real' racer types would probably be at the Apple Core which is part of Molly Cameron's series of cross race events.


The course was technical with lots of turns and quite a bit of running - mostly up hills, or in one instance,  a more than 45 degree wall.  My chain fell off on the first lap and I lost a couple of minutes fiddling with it.  Riders passed me and I was alone when I finally got back on the bike.  I cranked it up a bit, fell on some remounts after barriers, but managed to squeak in a 6th place finish out of 16 with 4 laps.

Next up is the last cx crusade, Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment