Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 7 in the Picos de Europas

133 km, 2300 m climb.  We left the hotel and went west, over to the ocean.  At Alto del Torno we had a great view of the ocean, then descended down and rode along the Atlantic for about 20 km before ascending up to Puerto del Mazuco.  This route took us through eucalyptus groves with epic, panoramic views of the Atlantic, before heading inland.  This is the last day for some of the people but we are staying to ride Angliru, or at least for me, see the start of it.  I will take my running shoes with me tomorrow and try to make it as far as I can before walking the rest.  We are wondering which of the A riders will make it.  We know one guy who has done the Leadville 100 a few times will most likely succeed.  We leave by van to our next hotel to the start early tomorrow. 

My hematoma is now a dark shade of purple and pretty darn large.  There´s bruising into the groin.  Ugly!! I look at it and know how lucky I was.  I´ll have to tell my endocrinologist about my ´do it yourself´ bone density test.  Needless to say, I was very cautious pacing today and descending.  Two more falls in the A group, but they are ok.  I think those guys know how to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment