Friday, August 27, 2010

String of bad luck

After the Wednesday night MAC ride, I came back to my truck, which was parked at Germantown and Skyline, to find that someone had bashed in the back window and stolen my purse.  I never take my purse on rides, but had errands to do beforehand.  After spending all day cancelling credit cards, opening up a new checking account and getting a provisional license, a gas station in N. Portland called to say they had the purse.  'They' pretty much cleaned it out, but left my MAC and 24 Hour Fitness Card, Costco, AAA and library card, along with various store cards.  Gee, thanks.

Later I found out that Art, our friend that fell Sunday, had two pins placed in his upper trochanter yesterday to prevent necrosis & further damage.  4-6 weeks off the bike.

We leave today for LA to take our daughter to college.  Driving our 'new to us' Volvo.  It might be nice to be off a bike for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment