Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 4

I finally found a computer here in Cellers, Spain. We are at a charming hotel in the countryside. Today we ride 160 km to Luchon, France. This is a day I have been dreading, yet Day two nearly wiped me out. Day one, we rode Rat Panat, and did pretty well. Our ´reward´ was being put into the B group for the Day two, 95 miles, lots of climbs and a constant head wind. I developed right knee pain that day probably due to my seat being too low. Monday night I was contemplating riding in a van, but raising my seat just 1 cm did the trick. Yesterday was very fun with lots of great vistas and some fun descents. Today is going to be very hard with one long climb of about 22 miles and total distance over 160 km. Oh, yes, I am back in the C group.

Our fellow riders range from people who are using this as training rides for tri´s to us ´recreational´riders. Everone is strong and very serious about riding. It´s a bit scary. It seems there is little time to take pictures as we rest only at sag stops, eat a bit, replenish water and on we go.

I am thinking that a woman my age has no business doing this!

1 comment:

  1. you absolutely should be doing this! keep at it!

    ReplyDelete