Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mt. Adams ride

We're back riding in the good old USA and our two friends, Allan and VA suggested riding the Forest Loop of the Mt. Adams Country Ride today.  Another friend, Tom, joined us.  We set out at 9 am from the Trout Lake Grill and headed up Forest Road 23, rode 14 miles to the top (3940 feet),  and continued on FR 23 past the turn off for FR 90 (see map below).  We turned left onto FR 88 (there are some spots of gravel that are well marked), and continued down via some really fun descents into Troutlake.  54 miles, 3800 feet of gain.  Beer and a sandwich at the grill afterwards completed a good day.  Perfect weather, a little headwind going up, but lots of fun descents mixed with two hills.  This is truly a beautiful place to ride!  When I'm senile I want a little cabin in Trout Lake and have told Craig to get me a little cat and a load of rocks.  Just sit me out in the yard and let me build some rock walls and I'll be content.
Tom, VA and Craig with Mt. Adams in the background


You can combine this loop with the valley loop for a total of 105 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment