Monday, May 31, 2010

A zero calorie cinnamon roll

Peony farm on Jackson School Road


My new favorite treat is a whole wheat cinnamon roll from Grand Central Bakery. Lately I have been riding the west hills of Portland and then making a detour down to the NW Grand Central. Today, Memorial Day, we decided to ride from our house out to Hillsboro, up to Skyline via Mason Hill & Moreland, then down McNamee to Highway 30, stop for the cinnamon roll and then head home. Making sure they were open today (until 4 pm we were told), we arrived at 2:50 and the bakery was closed! Luckily, St. Honoré, another great bakery several blocks away, was open.

I love Portland. There are so many good places to eat! This tip is for my friends that love a good breakfast. Try Tasty and Sons on N. Williams.

Here's a link to the Carmel-San Simeon video I posted 5/10/10. MobileMe works better for viewing:

2 comments:

  1. AHH I miss and love Portland too. I think I appreciate home more than ever here. When I get home, we should get that cinnamon roll right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we gotta go early though! Lois and I went this morning and they were out! I had to settle for the second best thing, a 'monkey' roll, which is pretty darn good too.

    ReplyDelete