Monday, April 26, 2010

Pyrenees Challenge?!

We are getting ready for our Pyrenees ride in June. I thought I needed some Spanish glasses to go with my Spanish helmet and bike. Our trip is June 20-27 and luckily our el niƱo winter has allowed us to do more riding than usual. We fly to Barca 6/17, meet our daughter and past exchange student for a little r & r, then depart for the ride at 10:30 am the 20th.
This past week we rode the route of the Portland Tour de Flanders. A few variations, minus Sherwood, but altogether, 47 miles, about 7200 feet of gain and two very steep roads; Brynwood (a 4 driveway, 'catch your breath' ride) and College Avenue.
Next week we travel with good friends VA and Allan to Carmel to ride the 100 mile PCC to San Simeon.

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOO! I am so proud of you guys! So excited to see you guys in June! Beat those kids down in Carmel for me!

    ReplyDelete